Helping couples reconnect and live a happier life together
Confidential therapy for couples who are experiencing difficulties or would like to enhance and improve their relationship. During sessions, partners will be encouraged to explore their concerns from two perspectives and develop new skills to deepen their connection.
Using the highly-regarded Imago approach to relationship therapy created by Dr Harville Hendrix and Dr Helen LaKelly Hunt, couples will be supported to resolve and move past their issues in a gentle and constructive manner. Imago therapy aims to strengthen relationships by helping partners develop deeper intimacy, healthier interactions and, in turn, greater relationship satisfaction.
The Imago approach enables couples to make significant improvements in their relationship in a relatively short amount of time and sustain these changes over the long-term. After only a few sessions, partners will be able to apply the techniques they have learnt to stay better connected and live a happier life together.
Areas of Specialism
- Relationship difficulties
- Relationship breakdown
- Divorce and separation
- Conflict resolution
- New relationships
- Getting married
- In-person sessions are available at Mercedes’ Lisbon and Carcavelos practices within safe and secure environments.
- Online couples therapy sessions are available from the privacy of your own home, using an encrypted Zoom platform to maximize security.
- Home visits are available in the Lisbon region on request, following a preliminary interview.
- Couples therapy sessions are available in English and Spanish according to your preference.
- A 90-minute couples therapy session at one of Mercedes’ practices or online is €75.
- Prices for home visits in the Lisbon area are available on request.