Counselling & Psychotherapy for Individuals
A confidential and non-judgmental space for people to explore the behavioural, cognitive and psychological concerns affecting their lives. Individual counselling and psychotherapy help people overcome their challenges, negative self-beliefs, past traumas and painful experiences in a safe and respectful environment, whilst promoting overall mental health, resilience and well-being.
Both short and long-term counselling and psychotherapy are available. Short-term therapy can be effective at relieving symptoms; it can also be beneficial during a crisis or period of unusually high stress or anxiety. Long-term treatment allows for deeper change and transformation to occur. The length and type of treatment will be discussed and agreed upon during an initial consultation.
Areas of Specialism
- Relationship difficulties
- Anxiety, stress and panic attacks
- Depression, low mood and low self-esteem
- Bereavement, loss and change
- Burn-out and workplace conflict
- Verbal, physical and sexual abuse
- Mood swings and personality disorders
- Prescribed drug dependency and withdrawal
- Cross-cultural issues, including cultural adaptation difficulties
- Behavioural problems such as anger, frustration, assertiveness, withdrawal and conflict
Pricing & Information
- A 50-minute individual therapy session is €55. Sessions take place once a week, usually at the same time and day.
- In-person sessions are available at Mercedes’ Lisbon and Carcavelos practices within safe and secure environments.
- Online therapy sessions are available from the privacy of your own home, using an encrypted Zoom platform to maximize security.
- Therapy sessions are available in English or Spanish according to your preference.
- Low-cost therapy is also available upon request for those on low incomes.
Send Mercedes a message: